[NAFEX] Lutie Grape

Thomas Olenio tolenio at sentex.net
Fri Mar 7 17:42:28 EST 2003

Hi,

According to the "THE SUPER GIGANTIC Y2K WINEGRAPE GLOSSARY" at
http://www.thewineguru.com/winegrapeglossary.htm

--------
LUTIE:
According to the Geilweilerhof database (above) this cultivar is
classified as a North American V. Labrusca derived from the Dracut Amber
O.P. variety. Once fairly commonly grown in the Northeast region of the
USA it can currently (1999) be found in certain U.S. North Central
states. (No other information on either of these cultivars available at
present).
--------

Hope that helps.

Later,
Tom

Richard O'Barr wrote:

> Is anyone growing the Lutie grape? I could not find that one in Lon's
> book. Any description will be helpful. The nurseryman here says he got
> it from his mom's
> place.
> Topgun                                                          Zone 7

> files, plain text ONLY!
> Message archives are here:
> To view your user options go to:
> http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/options/nafex/XXXX@XXXX (where