[NAFEX] Another new member suggestion

Erdman, Jim ErdmanJ at uwstout.edu
Thu Mar 6 09:51:57 EST 2003

	>>Anyone considered moving the list to Yahoo groups.  I find >Yahoo groups easier to navigate.  Also I can check Yahoo >groups for posts without receiving e-mail.

	> This list used to be on Yahoo.  The list started on OneList
	then was purchased by EGroups (or the other way round?), and
	finally by Yahoo.  The Yahoo interface with its popups between
	messages and advertizements became objectionable to many.  A
	number of members were having trouble with their profile
	(particularly if they didn't upgrade when it changed over to
	Yahoo).  Yahoo was also changing the profiles to send members
	junk mail unless you went in to disable it again.

	I have been on some other lists that were through Yahoo groups, and at various times we lost archives, lost the list, and the only recourse was to no longer do it through another means.

	I thinnk things are fine now.

	Jim Erdman, in Menomonie, WI