[NAFEX] sprouting seeds

Gordon Nofs gc_nofs at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 5 10:13:40 EST 2003

I seen the seedsavers on TV yesterday in another program and it showed how
they process there seed. They put seed in a container because like tomatoes
they are covered with a slime or other substance that keeps them from
sprouting while in the vegetables. They leave in the hot outdoors till a
mold covers the top of the whole container. This breaks down the slime and
the can be strained put in (They use) coffee grounds strainers and let set
to dry. Then they are packaged and put in refrigerated places.
    Gordon C. Nofs