[NAFEX] Pomona in PDF

Bruce Hansen brucehansen at acd.net
Mon Mar 3 13:29:14 EST 2003

Rodney:

That is a good idea.

Bruce z5 MI

-----Original Message-----
From: nafex-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org
[mailto:nafex-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org]On Behalf Of Rodney Eveland
Sent: Sunday, March 02, 2003 5:05 PM
To: Nafex
Subject: [NAFEX] Pomona in PDF

>As far as cost is concerned, it is only the Adobe Acrobat reader that is
>free--the program to post articles costs big bucks. And there would be
>additional costs for archival storage, with the risk that a change of
>servers or a new virus could wipe out archives. (Not an imaginary danger.
>There was some European travel magazine that lost its store of archived
>photos a couple years ago when the Love Bug virus hit.)

All of that may be true however archived data can also be stored on
CD-ROMs which would not only protect the data from viruses but also is a
very convenient method of making data available. I wouldn't mind paying
for a copy of all the past Pomonas in PDF format shipped to me on a
CD-ROM. That way I could print out 15 or more hard copies of various
articles and then go lay ny the fire with a glass of wine and read, and
dream........ Shucks I'd even except the articles in ordinary text
format.
Most questions can be answered here: