[NAFEX] Apple tree training

list at ginda.us list at ginda.us
Sat Mar 1 17:40:55 EST 2003

I've used spring type clothespins by clipping the pin around the
"trunk" immediately above a branch, and resting the pin atop the branch
so it  pushes it horizontal.  Picture clothespins sticking out
horizontally around the tree directly from the truck, with branches
constrained to be beneath them, also nearly horizontal where they join
the central leader.

Ginda