[NAFEX] Early apple

Michael Glassford glassfordm at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 29 10:16:19 EST 2003

1) I'm looking for early-season apples: either one (ripening somewhere from
July to Mid August) or perhaps two (one from July to early August, the other
from Mid to late August). Best would be apples that are very good for both
fresh eating and cooking (primarily apple sauce/butter and a few pies); next
best would be either very good eating and decent cooking, or very cooking
and decent eating. Recommendations, anyone?

2) To "prime the pump", here's a list of the best possibilities that I've
found so far. Any information, comments, or recommendations about any of
these apples would help me a lot.

Iowa Beauty
Liveland Raspberry
Mantet