[NAFEX] MAIA annual meeting

Lee Elliott applehilorchard at webtv.net
Tue Jan 28 08:53:38 EST 2003

It's my opinion and a lot of others too that any new successful
cultivars will have that crunch and texture of Honey Crisp .  I am
crossing HC with Gala, Suncrisp, Pinova, Goldrush, Pink Lady, etc, etc,
The effort is to breed a Honey Crisp like apple with taste and flavor
ramped up where HC is lacking and a tree easy to grow without HC's
problems.  I'm not wasting my time with breeding disease resistant
cultivars, let the big universitys do that, I'm after the best tasting
apple even if hard to grow. It's looks, taste, texture, that's where
it's at. Lee Elliott, Winchester, Illinois