[NAFEX] Failures- figs

Gordon Nofs gc_nofs at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 22 15:06:46 EST 2003

With the temperatures here in Flint Mi. running in teens during the day an
singles figures every night for most of the month I am glad that I put my
two figs in a fridge in the garage. I have a commercial thermostat that I
have connected to a light socket on a board That I used to put grafts on in
a empty Box freezer. I could keep the temp at 80 in there. Now it is set at
34, and the figs look as good as when I closed the door at 20 degrees. Plus
I put some other stuff in there also. I took out all the shelves to get the
24 inch pot and 2 plants in standing up. One is still green and is holding
onto the little figs formed before the leaves fell. I expect them to drop
off as soon as the leaves start out. I will let you know how this worked out
in a few months.
   Gordon Nofs  Flint, MI. Z5