[NAFEX] Cold Hardy Citrus

philip sauber mrxtexas at lycos.com
Thu Jan 16 18:58:31 EST 2003

I'd say the thomasville selection I tasted was the best of the cold hardy trifoliate crosses generally available.  It is edible but not enjoyable to eat.  The fruit can be eaten skin and all like a kumquat.  The skin is about as edible as the fruit.  For Seattle residents, I'd recommend growing citrus that tastes good in a pot carried in on freezing nights or greenhouse.  Nothing edible is likely to survive outdoors.  Lack of hot weather will also be a problem.