[NAFEX] Morel propagation

Lucky Pittman lucky.pittman at murraystate.edu
Mon Apr 21 15:55:56 EDT 2003

At 03:34 PM 4/21/2003 -0400, Richard wrote:
>The kids found a few morels at two places in our woods; we, as Lucky, want
>to know how to manage these for more production.  Enjoyed a meal of these
>last week picked from a campus gravel parking lot.

Richard,
One thing that really fosters a heavy crop of morels - or maybe it just
makes it easier to find them - is fire.  I know in some parts of the
country, it's been a problem with morel hunters purposely burning the woods
every year or so to induce heavier cropping or increased ease of harvesting.

Lucky