[NAFEX] "Sour Chari" and "CKVL#1": Joe Brown

Sam Brungardt sam739is at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 16 23:41:44 EDT 2003

St. Lawrence Nursery also has them for sale.  I planted one of each of the 3
cultivars for my folks in Kansas (Zone 5) several years ago and last summer
they bore their first big crop.  I helped pick and process them, and they
did have a few maggots in them (the folks had never sprayed them).  The size
of the fruit was not quite as large as a sand cherry (P. besseyi) and tasted
like a tart cherry.  And, birds were no problem (although the fruit was
quite well hidden by the foliage).--Sam Brungardt, St. Paul, Minn.