[NAFEX] monkey puzzle

Rick Valley bamboogrove at cmug.com
Sun Apr 13 19:17:09 EDT 2003

From: Devin Cooper <willamette at hevanet.com>

I do not know however if the seed are viable or sterile.

Devin; I wonder if I've seen the tree! If the tree is female, the cones are
nearly spherical, bigger than a coconut. If male, they're oval, the size of
a true fir cone. If the seeds are viable, they are fat, with slightly convex
sides, not wrinkled, straight or concave-sided. They will be a shiny light
reddish tan, the scale will be on the big end, and they'll have some weight
to them. Inside they'll look like pinenut. And they'll tast good.

-Rick
persimmons leafing out.