[NAFEX] New Book

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Thu Apr 10 11:33:04 EDT 2003

   I just got a copy of "Success with Apples and Pears to Eat and Drink" by
Alan Rowe http://www.growingapplesandpears.co.uk/grower/book.asp

   For anyone interested in UK apple or pear varieties, including perry
pears and cider apples, this is a worthwhile book.   The variety section is
a large one and has a number of very nice color photos.  Also, the author
includes a number of personal comments on the varieties that I, as an
American, found insightful in that they show the taste preferences of
English apple growers.
   There is also a fair bit of history in the book, although some of it
tends to go off on a tangent now and then.
   Just the same, the book is a good one for the apple fanatics out there.

-Lon Rombough

(Jackie - go ahead and use this in POMONA - here's the full address and
ordering information:

£12.95 GBP each
+ £1.50 GBP UK Mainland Postage
IN WRITING: