[NAFEX] Lichens on trees

Dr. Chiranjit Parmar parmarch at vsnl.com
Thu Apr 3 21:42:04 EST 2003

Our experience here in temperate zone is that when thw treees get too old
and devitalized or live their normal age span, they are affected by lichens.

Here the common belief among the orchardists is that appearence of lichens
on trees is an indication of the need for the replacement of trees.

Dr. Chiranjit Parmar
Horticultural Consultant on Lesser Known Indian Fruits
www.lesserknownindianplants.com