[NAFEX] RE: wild blueberries

Ginda Kaplan Fisher list at ginda.us
Thu Nov 21 21:12:09 EST 2002

On Thursday, November 21, 2002, at 05:52  PM, Lucky Pittman wrote:

> At 01:58 PM 11/21/2002 -0500, Richard wrote:
>> This time of year, the rabbiteye leaf color beats highbush handsdown!
>
> Amen to that - right now my rabbiteyes would rival any 'Burning Bush'
> at its peak fall color.
>
> Lucky

This time of year my highbush blueberry is just red twigs, but two
weeks ago it was a blazing glory.  I'm sure it varies with cultivar
(mine is Rubel) and weather, but my highbush blueberry was the
brightest, reddest shrub around this year, beating burning bush hands
down.

Ginda Fisher
eastern Mass., zone 6
(too far north for rabbiteye - we choose between highbush and lowbush
up here.)