[RibesNAFEX] varieties

Lon Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Fri Mar 22 11:40:36 EST 2002

on 3/22/02 7:28 AM, Michael Levine at mlevine at umich.edu wrote:

I'm considering ordering these varieties and would like some input about
them...

Catherina
Hinnonmaki Red
Jahn's Prarie
Jonkeer Van Tets
Jostaberry

How are these varieties?  Are any of them not worth planting?

Mike Levine
Ann Arbor, MI

Jahn's Prairie is one of the best bushes you will find - essentially
thornless, bulletproof disease resistance.  Berries ripen later than most
and are large and sweet enough to eat fresh.  Not really high flavor, and
yield could be more, but about the best bush of all gooseberries.
Grapes, writing, consulting, more, plus word on my grape book at
http://www.bunchgrapes.com

-Lon Rombough

This email was sent to: ginda at concentric.net