[NAFEX] Re: nafex digest, Vol 1 #53 - 14 msgs

Pete B pete at cmpsource.com
Thu Jun 13 21:15:57 EDT 2002

Hi Nafex
I have a female Chinese Che and it has fruited nicely. It's a young plant and this is it's first fruiting. The fruit developed quickly but has slowed down. It's now about the size of a penny in diameter. Seems like 2 to a bunch. Is this really a flower like a fig? Are these things really tasty? I never had one before, but of course, after reading about them...I had to get one...ha. I got it from Edible Landscaping in Feb '01 and it's about 7 feet high now (staked).
Thanks, Pete in zone 8b about 50 Mi North of New Orleans