[NAFEX] bud 9 spacing

del stubbs pinewoodel at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 12 23:51:11 EDT 2002

I grafted and potted up a few Budagovsky 9's this spring. The grafts are
doing well and I want to plant them out now, but my orchard is spaced for
full sized trees. I can find plenty of info comparing b9 to mallings and
other varieties, but not something that says the actual mature size of the
tree to lay out the spacing for.
Any one got  older bud 9 grafted trees who can give me an idea of their
actual eventual size?  thanks, Del
'Jan' bush cherry just finished blooming and aronia melanocarpa (black
chokeberry?) just getting going....beautiful! they'd make fine ornamentals
around a home.

Del Stubbs  www.pinewoodforge.com  ag zone2/3