[nafex] old apples

Bob and Winnie natvwine at cut.net
Sun Jan 20 22:01:39 EST 2002

While culling through the boxes of apples stored away for the winter,
one will frequently come across apples that are too dry and mealy to eat
out of hand. My current pig has had her fill of apples and so I came up
with the idea of using these to make a custard type pie: Just quarter
and core the apples, blend and use as you would pumpkin or squash for a
great apple custard pie. I used some Hudsons GG type apples and it was a
hit at our restaurant.
Bob in central Utah -where the deer are getting hungry.