[NAFEX] autumn bliss

Ginda Fisher ginda at concentric.net
Mon Aug 26 21:46:27 EDT 2002

Two years ago I had plenty of rain for the health of my canes, (fall
red) but noticed that rainfall triggered ripening.  Last year, I
irrigated fairly heavily, and got an earlier (and larger) crop.  This
year, the canes were nearly destroyed by squirrels climbing through them
to get at the ripening berries, so it's hard to say, but I did get an
early crop which I attribute to irrigation.  (But a short crop. . . I
need to train my kittens.)

Ginda