[RibesNAFEX] Re; Interim planting, row question

Ribes60 at aol.com Ribes60 at aol.com
Sat Sep 29 09:55:25 EDT 2001

Dale, You wrote:   Thanks for the imput,
Currants do seem the best choice. I don't know of their life expectancy
though, or root spread

My response:   The life expectancy of black currant plants in this country is
about
20 plus years, if managed well. Maybe even more. The roots are close to the
surface and, in time, will spread to about 8 feet in diameter but most often
are about 6 feet. Plants can be pulled with little effort.

Ed
Northumberland BerryWorks
707 Front Street
Northumberland, PA 17857