[nafex] zone 2/3 orchard &B490

del stubbs pinewoodel at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 20 09:11:43 EDT 2001

Bernie, wonderful web site! That uralean sure is a pretty apple, what's its
Canandian history? glad to see a pic of trailman crab, hope to graft some
next spring.

Interesting about the bud 9, can you describe the difference beween your
experience and the plantings in Sask.? soil? snow?

Does anyone know of a source for the vineland series, south of the border?

I hadn't considered bud 490.....the current FBNI lists them only at Treco in
Oregon , and NRSP in Washington. The url for nrsp wouldn't open
<www.nrsp5.wsu.edu> . and the site for treco kept freezing my mac. computer
before I could even get a 800 phone #. Can anyone help? any other sources?

Thanks Bernie, you're inspiring, .    Mn. Del Z2/3