[nafex] Grafting/Time to fruiting

Thomas Olenio tolenio at sentex.net
Tue Oct 2 15:26:20 EDT 2001

Hello,

Grafting question...

Do all grafts of scions from mature trees, regardless of rootstock used,
speed the rate of fruiting of the new grafted tree?

I believe I have read that the scion has an internal clock that instructs
it that it is older, so in addition to size control, grafting offers fruit
sooner.

If this is true, is there a rule of thumb for various grafted fruit
trees? (realizing some varieties will be sooner, and others later)

Thanks,
Tom

FREE COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search