[nafex] Bee Habits

Gianni GIANNI-2 at prodigy.net
Thu May 10 15:02:03 EDT 2001

Brian & Don:

Had to jump into this fragaria topic with an addition.
I have noticed what would appear to be (from that wiser member from Nafex's tutelage) wasps?
That have no fuzz on the thorax (hope that's right) with pollen on their back legs no bigger than
a 1/2", working the everbearers and others. I have yet to see any serious honey bee or bumble
bee working the strawberry patches.
And the prolificness (Is that a word?) of fragaria? I have to concur seems to suffer no setbacks in
returning crops to fruition lacking any visible pollination.
But,
I cant see how dandelions could help if they are abundant and may deter the standard pollinators
from their tasks? Could they possibly help?
Many thanks.

Best of growing,
Gianni