[nafex] Re: [CoolFruit] Medicinal properties of JAMUN - Syzyzium cumunii.

Jojo and Helgi on Pender rocksandplants at gulfislands.com
Sun Dec 23 18:52:43 EST 2001

Hello Chiranjit

I found your information on Jamun interesting, but then I'm interested in
the myriad uses of plants around the world, medicinal, edible or
technological. I have a few questions about it. Does this Jamun have
anything to do with Gulab Jamun (my favourite dessert)? Is Jamun where
cloves come from? Or is that some other kind of Syzyzium?

I remember hearing about the Syzyzium tree years ago, in reference to the
spice cloves, and it stuck in my mind because of the odd spelling.

I'm not sure how much more the list would like to know about Jamun, but I
know I'm very interested in hearing more about the edible and very hardy fig
tree you wrote about breifly on my website at suite101.com, in relation to
an article about growing figs from 1997.

Jojo - zone 8b - Southern Gulf Islands, British Columbia, Canada

http://us.click.yahoo.com/IgTaHA/ZQdDAA/ySSFAA/VAOolB/TM