[nafex] nanking/prunus propagating, how?

del stubbs pinewoodel at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 8 01:28:42 EST 2001

Last summer I tried propagating about 40 'vegatative growth' sticks of
prunus tormentosa. I need a bunch, at least a hundred or so for a fruiting
snow fence. We have 3 beauties, 6' high and 4 years old in our garden to
take cuttings from.  Anyway, the cuttings I took last summer I put into a
half mix of peat moss and garden soil and applied to the stem base 'Rootone'
powder (napthaleneacetamide).  Out of 40 sticks I got one taker. I really
want to grow my own. This fall I stuck a big handfull into a row like they
were ribes, just to see if that might work next spring. We'll see. Sure
looking for any propagating hints, even on prunus in general if no one has
done tormentosa. Thanks!

Del Stubbs
ag zone 2/3
Pinewood Forge