[nafex] urine info and harvest report

Raby, Brian {20-4~Indianapolis} BRIAN.RABY at ROCHE.COM
Tue Aug 14 11:12:11 EDT 2001

If I'm not mistaken, you usually see the brown/yellow spots in the lawn
during the summer time from dog urine.  Most dog food has a high amount of
protein in it, and when broken down inside the body, produces the high level
of N.  During the summer time when the dogs become a bit dehydrated, the
concentration of the N in the urine increases significantly, leading to the
"burnouts" in the lawn.  The remedy for this is to make sure the dog is
given enough water, and soak the area of the brown spots in the lawn with
water.

Kind of a busy harvest time right now.  I'm picking my Ginger Gold apples,
harvesting my Heritage rasperries, and sampling some of my white "seedless"
grapes.  Need to hurry and get the fall crops in the ground if I'm expected
to harvest anything later.  I wish that stores like Wal-Mart, etc... would
still provide the seeds for these crops during this time of year.  I
constantly forget to buy extra in the Spring and I wind up not having
anything to plant for the fall.

Brian
Sheridan, IN (north of Indy)