[MSAR] Home Land Security

Jenny Ryman sarpaws at netzero.net
Fri Mar 26 18:16:38 EST 2004

MessageNot necessarily.
The #1 limitation on liability reads that the volunteer must be acting "within the scope of the volunteers duties for the organization at the time of the act or omission".
I've not yet heard or read of a volunteer search team who's duties were precisely spelled out to include the provision of medical treatment.
www.runquist.com/article_vol_protect.htm "Volunteer Protection Act of 1997-An Imperfect Solution"
www.aysoreg13.org/Doc/volpro.pdf - a more formal version of the text
www.leewardayso.org/Pdf/description.pdf "Volunteer Protection Act of 1997-What it means to you"