[MSAR] Equine Emergency and Disaster Response Symposium

bonnie elster elster530 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 16 12:55:47 EST 2004

It will be a wonderful symposium but we too plan to be in Reno during the day & getting ready for the Pony Express Reride in the evening.

Jorene Downs <Jorene at CEOates.com> wrote:BODY {	BACKGROUND-POSITION: left top; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #000000; BACKGROUND-REPEAT: no-repeat; FONT-FAMILY: Arial}UC Davis Equine Emergency and Disaster Response Symposium
Saturday, April 24

http://www.vetmed.ucdavis.edu/ceh/events-4-24-04-EEDRSymp.html
"The symposium will consist of three hours of lecture in the morning on rescue techniques and the care and management of critical injuries. Lunch will be provided mid-day, followed by live demonstrations in the afternoon on how to get a downed horse out of a stall using a sled and slings, extracting a horse from a trailer in an accident, and medical management of an injured horse, including splinting."

Wish I could attend, but I'll be in Reno that weekend teaching at a SAR conference.

I'm sure there are other sources out there for this kind of training. This would be a good opportunity to people mention those sources ... ;)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jorene Downs
Tulare Co, CA
SAR, MSAR, Swiftwater Rescue, US&R,