[Microid] MicroID draft problem

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Tue Mar 18 12:34:55 EDT 2008

Terrell Russell wrote:
> The period seems a better fit, I agree.
> Can we dig up a spec link defining the NMTOKENS you posted, stpeter?  I
> expect we'll want to have a clean chain of reasoning if this change
> moves forward.

To be precise, the chain of reasoning is...

1. The value of the XHTML 1.1 'class' attribute must match the NMTOKENS

2. The NMTOKENS production is defined as a space-separated list of
NMTOKEN productions:

3. The NMTOKEN production references the XML 1.0 spec:

4. The NMTOKEN production is defined as one or more NameChars:

5. A NameChar is defined as follows:

   Letter | Digit  | '.' | '-' | '_' | ':' | CombiningChar | Extender

I have not yet researched this matter with regard to XHTML 1.0 or HTML 4.0.

Peter Saint-Andre