[Microid] microid scope

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Wed Jan 3 12:43:43 EST 2007

Ah, to top-post or to bottom-post, that is the question! :-)

Fred Stutzman wrote:
> I think better language is "contained" - the microid will claim ownership
> of everything contained in the semantic element.

Agreed. Plus that's consistent with the terminology in the HTML specs.

> With regard to whole-page claims, this gets a little tricky because a
> microid in the head only connotes ownership of that claim.  We can set up a
> special rule saying "if the microid is in the head, it is a whole page
> claim", I'm not sure there is any way around that.

Well, it does get tricky. What if we have this?

<head>
</head>
   <h1>The Foo Page!</h1>
     <h2>The Bar Area!</h2>

Confusing, eh?

So the relevant claim is always that of the nearest containing element
in the hierarchy.

Peter