[Market-farming] (no subject)

Sisters of the Soil 2soilsisters at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 17:11:24 EST 2010

I don't know about it's tolerance to powdery mildew, but I second Beth's
recommendation of High Mowing's Success PM straight-neck.  It was a great
producer for us the past two seasons, stored much better than the golden
zucchini I so like and, also, stood up surprisingly well to the heavy
onslaught of squash bugs (hate 'em, hate 'em!- if anybody has great ideas
for effectively dealing with those buggers, organically, I'd love to hear
them).

Doreen
On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 10:44 AM, Beth Spaugh <lists at rhomestead.com> wrote:

> Success, from High Mowing.
>
> Beth Spaugh
> Rehoboth Homestead, Peru, NY
> Farm Fresh Food Club CSA - http://rhomestead.com
> Garden fresh vegetables, organically grown, and pastured chicken, duck, and
> geese
>
> "How we eat determines, to a considerable extent, how the world is used." -
> Wendell Berry
>
> "Without power over our food, any notion of democracy is empty." - Frances
> Moore Lappe

Sisters of the Soil
Jennifer and Doreen

2soilsisters at gmail.com