[Market-farming] Sweet Potatoes and deer

Road's End Farm organic87 at frontiernet.net
Sun Jun 15 11:14:29 EDT 2008

Try a little blood meal scattered over the leaves; deer don't like the
taste. (Not if you're intending to sell sweet potato shoots, of course;
people don't either!) Needs to be re-applied after any significant
rain; though if you have it on most of the time, the deer may not
notice short stretches of no protection, as they may have already
decided "those don't taste good, go eat somewhere else" and may not try
them again for a while.

Fish emulsion sprayed on the leaves may also do the job.

What are the wire deer guards?