[Market-farming] tomato rebar length

Betsy Knutson betsy at gobigwest.com
Sun May 22 09:26:59 EDT 2005

I am not Errol, but I think what he was referring to is frequently called a
"handyman" or "Highlift" jack. It is usually about 4 feet tall (or more) and
is very heavy duty. At my local farm store they sell an accessory for it
called a post puller. It is a very heavy piece of metal about 4" x 7-8" with
two "D" shaped holes in it with the flats of the "D's" along the 4" side.
You put one of the openings over your t-post and slide it down fairly low
and then the lifting nose of the jack is put into the other opening and you
jack the t-post out of the ground. I have pulled t-posts that were very deep
in the ground by myself with the use of that clever little tool and my
handyman jack. It only takes a few seconds and beats the heck out of trying
to wiggle and/or dig them out. There are pictures here:
http://www.4by4connection.com/hiliftjack.html

Betsy
Southern Idaho, USDA Zone 5

  _____