[internetworkers] Sexy Transportation - Carsharing!

Mark Turner jmarkturner at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 22:43:27 EDT 2008

Ah, ZipCar. If it would only come to Raleigh..

$WIFE and I have been discussing the possibility of jettisoning one of
our vehicles. Since I bike to work and we live in downtown Raleigh, we
have no need for two cars. If ZipCar was here, the decision would be a
no-brainer.

Since I'm not holding my breath on the Zipsters, I began pondering what
it would take to start a local carsharing business. What ZipCar does is
not magic: its a short-term car rental, right? Build some security bits
and some reservation bits and leave the rest to Toyota. How hard can it be?

If any of y'all brainiacs want to help fill this idea out, shoot me a
note and let me know your thoughts. Check out the links at the bottom of
this Wikipedia article for starters:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carsharing

Mark