[internetworkers] InterNetWorkers website redesign
dave at matusiak.org
Sat Dec 15 23:45:03 EST 2007
Hello INW crew --
Uzoma and I have discussed getting the InterNetWorkers Dev Group up
and running again to perform a redesign for the website. Granted, we
have not made much progress, but the idea came up several times and we
agreed that we need new volunteers in the inet-dev group.
While shopping for new OS X software tonight, I came across a really
neat looking site that I thought could be used as a fun example of how
the INW site could be redesigned.
That site is fun and appealing to me, but I doubt the INW site would
want/need an exclusively food-oriented theme. Still I like how you
can click on stuff and it does stuff. Yeah, that's cool. Heh.
It would be great to get suggestions from other members about how the
site should be done and what features we would want to include. Our
options run the gamut from off-the-shelf CMS to custom built site.
What do you think would be cool? :)
I think the following would be great features to have:
- prominent, easy to use gathering announcements (both past and
- multi-user content posting/editing (so new folks can post
- updated Job Board page (oops, looks like old one has been taken
- pull in archival photos & meetings pages (so they are actually
- general content revamp
- perhaps IRC-web client so anyone can chat in #inw via website
If you would like to get involved, then please subscribe:
Happy holidays to all!
More information about the InterNetWorkers