[internetworkers] sofa lust

zman zman at shell.neverwhere.org
Thu Oct 7 15:58:43 EDT 2004

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004, Rowland Smith wrote:
> As a heterosexual male, you know you're getting old when your lust for women,
> however briefly, gets overridden by the lust for a new sofa ;)
>
> On that note - If you were going to buy the mac-daddy, big-pimpin',
> most-righteous sofa in all the world, how would you go about it?  Make the
> hajj to High Point ?

We found ours on eBay of all places. Vintage with new upholstry. Had it
shipped from Austin. But we spent soem time looking. Father & Son downtown
for vintage, which even when freshly upholstered is cheaper than new. West
Side Furniture, which is now in North Raleigh near mini-city, great sofas,
high prices. Ecko looked good, but the quality just wasn't there, though
the prices were very good.

What we got.. http://rod-o-rama.com/i-2.JPG

Scott H. Zekanis
zman at kungfumonkey.com
http://www.rod-o-rama.com
http://www.thehellbenders.com
1959 GMC in Chevy Sheetmetal 1/2 Ton (235" Inline 6)