[internetworkers] mac non use

zman zman at shell.neverwhere.org
Fri Nov 12 10:37:56 EST 2004

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004, Tony Spencer wrote:
> Well I ran the machine for a while with just the original 256 MB chip and it
> was freezing up from day one of the fresh OS install.  I figured it was just
> struggling with not enough RAM.
>
> Hopefully the new chip isn't a piece of crap too though.
> I bought two of the following from Buy.com:
>
> SimpleTech RB168S133/512A 512MB PC133 Non-ECC SDRAM 168pin DIMM

One more time the reason I buy form Other World Computing is that
they test the RAM with the Mac firmware. If you didn't get RAM that was
tested for use in a MAC I would suspect it..

Scott H. Zekanis
zman at kungfumonkey.com
http://www.rod-o-rama.com
http://www.thehellbenders.com
1959 GMC in Chevy Sheetmetal 1/2 Ton (235" Inline 6)
1990 Ducati 750 Sport