[internetworkers] politricks - Dean to bow out; Edwards's surge

Michael Czeiszperger michael at czeiszperger.org
Wed Feb 18 13:05:29 EST 2004

On Feb 18, 2004, at 11:45 AM, Ian Meyer wrote:

> the sad thing is how that was played up by the press and news channels
> and how they used directional mics to take out all the rest of the
> room noise...
> room noise that included LOTS of loud supporters being riled up by a
> rousing speech and shouting out more states for him to call out...
>
> damn press...ruined the only candidate that could've won the
> presidency...

I can't figure out what the deal is with the supposed "howl".  The only
video I saw of the event was from a normal mic back in the room, and it
looked like yer normal stump speech to me.

If the new standard is going to be you can point a parabolic mic at a
candidate and make fun of 'em, just go to a Bush fundraiser, turn the
mic up on full, and wait for a burp, tummy rumble, or other
embarrassing noises.

http://www.bahnhof.se/~telinga/