disinformation

Rowland Smith rowland at webperformanceinc.com
Fri Sep 21 17:29:26 EDT 2001

On Friday, September 21, 2001, at 04:44 PM, Edward Wesolowski wrote:

> At 04:05 PM 9/21/01 -0400, you wrote:
>
>> Interesting perspective from Benjamin Zycher ,Senior Fellow, Pacific
>> Research Institute for Public Policy:
>>
>>  http://www.interesting-people.org/200109/0280.html
>>
>> --
> Come to think of it, there was that attack on the rogue pharmaceutical
> plant in the Sudan. Where did that information come from?

There's an excellent documentary on Osama bin Laden that ran on PBS last
week:

     http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/binladen/

They delve into bin Laden's origins, connections to the embassy bombings
in Africa, and
our bombing of the pharmaceutical plant in Sudan.

It's very interesting to see Clinton's deputy National Security Advisor,
Sandy Berger, announcing that we're bombing the pharmaceutical plant
because we KNOW it's being used to produce VX nerve gas - and then
watching him start backing up when being interviewed later - he rolls it
all the way back to soemthing like  "we think that the pharmaceutical
plant was producing a chemical that may ( or may not ) have been used to
produce some kind of nerve gas" ;)

Another good section explains how we were monitoring bin Laden in the
Sudan, where we could see him and touch him.  Then someone in the US
decides that we should kick him out of the Sudan.  The Sudanese
government says, "hey, leave him here, if you want him, you can get
him".  But no, we drove  him from Sudan, and he immediately left for
Afghanistan, where we can't see him, can't touch him, but can damn sure
feel him.

One more observation: Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed the
complete lack of any comment whatsoever from the NSA during the past two
weeks?

Talk to ya,
Rowland