Greenshields & other venues
thomas at tbeckett.com
Mon Oct 25 16:55:08 EDT 1999
Rachel Cox wrote:
> Heh. Well, it's a lot more convenient for little me than the Chapel
> Hill corner of the Triangle is. Let's face it - the middle ground
> around here is pretty sparse; some folks are going to have to drive
> a ways no matter where we meet, so maybe rotating cities is an idea.
Rotating cities is a key concept, I believe. Rachel suggested some
places in Raleigh, Dennis suggested Durham (although Brightleaf may be
one of the few suitable spots to gather). Perhaps we should take a step
back and consider our criteria for a suitable meeting spot. Setting
aside convenience of location for the time being, the factors I have in
- Able to comfortably accomodate 50-60 people.
- This means space enough for mingling and sitting down.
- Broad selection of good beverages, preferably the foamy kind.
- And good food, not too pricey.
- Handicap accessible.
Secondary criteria, from an organizational point of view, are:
- Willingness to split checks for said 50-60 people.
- Willingness to set aside an area of the house for us.
What say y'all?
More information about the InterNetWorkers