[Homestead] Plant ID

Lynda lurine at com-pair.net
Sat Jul 18 15:24:53 EDT 2009

Picture #4 would be Holstein, Hostein cross calves with the one on the left
commonly being called a Black Baldy which would make it a Holstein/Hereford
cross in all likelihood <g>

On a serious note, picture #1 is a digitaria (crabgrass).  There are 300
varieties and all kinds of locally hybridized, so they can be as varied as
all get out.

#2 looks like Alopecurus pratensis L., aka Tufted Meadow Foxtail

#3 will take more investigation.  I'll actually have to look in my books <g>

Lynda
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."  Aldous Huxley