[Homestead] Homesteading & Survivalists

bobf bobford79 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 19 09:35:37 EST 2009

So, there is no 'fear' at all among 'real' homesteaders?  No concern of the future, no dependence on outside forces?  That is not what I have read from 'anyone'.  Also, I imagine a 'survivalist' can 'love' the land while worrying of the future or 'fearing' forces beyond their control.  I love the land and I am neither -- nor do I see much insight from much of the recent spate of group labeling.   Some survivalists sites are primarily inhabited by urbanites, some by rural farmers and homessteaders.

A fearless, loving, independent self-reliant "whatever' doesn't need to try to seek approval by disparaging the other.  There is crossover bewtween many of these groups.  If a person is fearless and self-reliant, then great; but that person will not be wassting their time disparaging similar groups of different orientation.......