[Homestead] Grafting

Robert Walton waltonrp at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 19:19:47 EST 2009

I know that pears are grafted to quince rootstock and the apple root
stocks are probably more like a crap apple or something, etc.

I'm just thinking, like always, "what if there is a collapse?" Apples,
pears, plums and peaches would be the things I'd like to graft most.
Maybe it would be to my benefit to plant a rootstock of each so I have
them. I guess also, I could root a sucker coming up on one of the
grafted trees I have.

I've always got Noah syndrome, "two of everything."

Rob - Va