[Homestead] Music

VAN DELL JORDAN vdjor at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 25 15:54:57 EDT 2008

--- On Sat, 10/25/08, EarthNSky <erthnsky at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> From: EarthNSky <erthnsky at bellsouth.net>
> Subject: Re: [Homestead] Music
> To: homestead at lists.ibiblio.org
> Date: Saturday, October 25, 2008, 11:00 AM
> Cool!
> I'd guess you would see a lot of smokers in your
> current gig, so feel
> free to use my story as a cautionary tale, not that I could
> have ever
> been great or earned a living or anything like that, but
> smoking robbed
> me of enjoying singing the way I could have.  I have never
> even had the
> guts to do Karaoke, for example,

I've always been afraid to do Karaoke, not because of voice but because of keeping time.  Whenever I solo, in class, church or public events I've either sung accapella or had an accompanist who can adjust to whatever I do.  I'm nervious that I might vary the timing to much and of course the machine wouldn't follow.
Van Dell