[Homestead] Osage Orange

Gene GeRue genegerue at ruralize.com
Wed Oct 15 08:48:47 EDT 2008

On Oct 15, 2008, at 5:25 AM, EarthNSky wrote:

> So, are you saying this is easier said than done?  hehe
> Seriously, is it that big of a pain, worse than locust?

Much worse than locust, partly because locust gives you a trunk for a
post or three before you enter the thorny limb area. Osage Orange,
even the old one I will take down in the spring that the beaver flood
killed, don't have much of a trunk, and are typically curved. But the
biggie is that the thorns are in the area where a post maker will be
cutting.