[Homestead] was derision of politicians, now A/P

Clansgian at wmconnect.com Clansgian at wmconnect.com
Wed Nov 5 20:38:39 EST 2008

> >I was there during the whole process with both my sons.  It was instructive
> even to a farm boy who had witnessed many births.

I delivered all my children.  A midwife (or two) were in attendance but they
were instructed and agreed not to intervene unless they saw a reason to.  They
didn't.  I have also attended about 25 other births as an assistant because I
can cook, lift a pregnant woman with one arm, and various bodily fluids going
in all directions don't bother me in the least.  All of these were
homebirths, by far and away the safest childbirth.

James