[Homestead] Morning entertainment, country style

Clansgian at wmconnect.com Clansgian at wmconnect.com
Fri May 9 14:10:48 EDT 2008

> Now the next time a city friend asks what on earth do you country folk
> do for entertainment you will have turtle watching as an additional
> answer.

This time of year you can find terrapins making nests, basically a hole in
the ground where they lay half a dozen or so leathery eggs.  Last year we found
a terrapin doing so and when she had covered the eggs and left, we put a fence
around the nest, four old queen excluders.  Late in the summer we found two
newly hatched turtles in there and the girls raised them in a terrarium over
the winter and set them on their way this spring.   </HTML>