[Homestead] Floods

Don Bowen don.bowen at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 16 20:00:16 EDT 2008

Heard news report today about flooding at Quincy Ill.
I believe Quincy is on a bluff so flooding must be on
Mo side.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Quincy is on the bluff on the east side of the river.  There is a limestone
cliff to the south but it is flat land to the north.  The Missouri side is
flat land and is called West Quincy.  There is little there except a couple
of restaurants and gas stations.  Missouri gasoline is cheaper than Illinois
and over the years they trade back and forth on liquor laws.  Quincy has the
first bridge south of Keokuk, Ia and the next one south is Hannibal.  There
is a small ferry at Canton.

I know the area well, I used to go to Keokuk for the drive-in and to Quincy
because I knew a couple of places I could by beer.

Don Bowen      KI6DIU