[Homestead] Stone Walls

Robert Walton waltonrp at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 08:19:58 EDT 2008

One resource around here is stone. Not always big, but lots of medium
to small ones. I've found lots of uses for the stones I've removed
from the garden. I've been thinking lately about using stones to build
walls. Most of my stones are smaller ones, not the buig stones you see
in like a stone house.

I've been researching the "Flagg Method" of building a little, not
finding a lot online about it. Basically Ilm thinking of making a
plywood form and filling it with concrete and stones.

The walls of the root cellar project and a couple of walls in the
garden to kill the slope and make a bit of a terrace are my first
thoughts. Is anyone using a similar method to make stone walls?

Rob - Va